Check-list for preparation of conference papers
- Read the call and check if your topic is relevant to the conference themes and the Globelics/AfricaLics research agenda! This includes checking whether your paper is related to the key issues that Globelics and AfricaLics/other regional LICS focus on: the nexus between development and Learning, Innovation and Competence-building Systems. Consult the web-sites and resources available there (e.g. Globelics Thematic Reviews, Knowledge Bank and master module on I&D) to learn more, if you are in doubt.
- Make sure the purpose, objectives and structure of your paper are made clear up-front.
- Briefly present the methodology of the paper and of the work you have done on which the paper is based. Also good to say a few words about short-comings, if relevant.
- Make sure you use relevant and recent literature in your field.
- Consider what is the originality of your contribution and try to make this clear as well.
- Check if your paper meets normal scientific standards (references included, no plagerism etc.)
- Ensure proof-reading and language check of your paper before submitting – you can do it yourself or ask somebody to help out.